ARCH653_BIM_ Project2-Fatemeh-Shahsavari


ARCH653- Project2-Fatemeh-Shahsavari


How did I improve the first project, by using Dynamo?
1.       I had a chance to get closer to the real building proportion, by using Dynamo to create the mass model.
2.       Using Dynamo, the top portion of the building was created along with the other parts of the building and there was no problem regarding the upper levels.

3.       Two different glass types for the façade were created and manipulated using Dynamo functions.


What was my workflow?
1.       I created the mass model using a series of nodes. Parametric relations were developed among all the building profiles.


1.       I created an adaptive family representing the panels on the façade and I linked it to my mass model. The appropriate materials are assigned to the frames and the glass. This part also works parametrically. This adaptive family has two types: one of them has tinted glass and another one has non-tinted glass. I have applied them to the panels according to the actual building.





3.      I linked the adaptive family to the mass family and tested my model by changing the panels’ sixe and color.


4.       Then, I made a link between solar direction in Revit project and the color of each panel, so that their color will be adjusted accordingly.












Comments